STAR 99.1 Promotional Events Internship Program
Please note: All internships are unpaid and do not provide housing.
What goes into a STAR 99.1 Promotional Events Internship?
STAR 99.1 is proud to start a committed internship program that will allow individuals to gain industry experience. Our goal is to provide great learning experiences for interns while continuing to execute an exceptionally high level of events & programming aptitude. With a close staff to intern ratio, interns are a part of the STAR 99.1 family. During their time at STAR 99.1, interns gain hands-on, practical work experience in a fast paced, professional environment.
If students are eligible to receive college credits for their internship hours, STAR 99.1 will actively support this process. We will also accommodate meetings with college staff or career centers upon intern request. College credit forms must be provided at the end of a student’s internship period.
- Must be a college student or graduate.
- Must be available to work two days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Internships have a minimum requirement of 3 months and may last up to 1 year.
Start dates are at the beginning of January, June, and September. Exceptions available upon request.
How to Apply:
To apply for an internship please fill out the internship application form below.
A completed application will contain the following:
- A completed Internship Application.
- A resume
- A cover letter stating their professional objectives.
Please note: only those students who include all materials will be considered for an interview.
If you have any questions please email the Community Engagement Manager & Personality, Isha Zaitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 1st for January Spring Internship start date
March 1st for June Summer Internship start date
June 1st for September Fall Internship start date
To Apply, please review the internship opportunities below and then download an application from the button below:
Promotions & Marketing Intern Role Description
Promotions & Marketing Interns will gain active leadership experience by assisting with everyday administrative tasks, project management, department meetings, executing promotional events and with event set-up and break down. While the majority of the time interns will be gaining experience during standard office hours, weekend and evening availability is required to meet promotional objectives. Interns are expected to actively participate in STAR 99.1 events during their internship period. Role specifics include assisting in, but not limited to, the following:
- Event Planning
- Volunteer management
- Managing the events inbox and calendar
- Fulfilling promotional merchandising mailing requests
- Communicating inter-departmental project details
- Various content curation, filming, and recording projects
- Actively participating in all facets of promotional event planning, including
- Day of set up and break down
- Presence at the event
- Actively engaging with event guests and STAR 99.1 listeners
- Standard office duties (printing, copying, emailing, data entry, phone calls etc.)
Community Engagement Manager & Personality